We provide an objective assurance and value adding consulting for diverse environments, size, complexity and structure guided by the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit. Our Internal Audit processes can assist your organisation accomplish its strategic objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to its operations, functions, processes and systems.
An independent examination of a program, function, operation or the management systems and procedures of an organisation to assess whether the government department or unit or public entity is achieving economy, efficiency and effectiveness in the employment of public funds or resources.
Assessing and making appropriate recommendations for improving the governance processes in accomplishment of the following objectives:
- Communicating risk and control information to appropriate areas of the organisation;
- Coordinating the activities of and communicating information among the board, external and internal auditors and management;
- Ensuring effective organisational performance management and accountability;
- Promoting appropriate ethics and values within the organisation;
- Board and board committees’ assessments and governance framework design.
FORENSIC AUDITS & INVESTIGATIONS
Ukukhanya Advisory Forensic Audit & Investigations services provide solutions to clients who face a variety of issues from fraud, corruption, disputes with third parties, transactions which may contravene various laws and regulations, loss of confidential information and ghost employees on the payroll.
Our forensic investigations team is geared to perform investigations on behalf of clients who are facing these issues, so as to provide clients with cost-effective solutions to assist in recouping losses, litigation support or criminally prosecuting fraudsters.
Clients use our services to independently and objectively investigate issues such as fraud, corruption and bribery, in order to understand them and to quantify possible losses.
We further assist clients in:
- Instituting recovery procedures arising from our investigations;
- Leading evidence in disciplinary procedures and in criminal prosecutions.
Providing expert services to clients in disputes with third parties, in the form of forensic/accounting expertise, as well as independent quantifications, backed by factual findings, in support of claims
Our team has extensive experience in conducting investigations across all sectors and consists of individuals with various backgrounds.
Financial Management Advisory
Accounting & Tax Solutions
As an entrepreneur, you are passionate about running your business and addressing the daily challenges but sometimes you do not have the time and expertise to deal with the financial records. However, when you need a business loan to expand your business, SARS knocks on your door or any other situation that requires that need your financial statements.
At Ukukhanya Advisory, we have a range of expert and competent staff to regularly update your accounting records, produce a set of financial statements that comply with accounting standards and legal requirements.
This will leave you to concentrate on running your business with the peace of mind that all the paper work has been expertly done.
Accounting and Tax Compliance Services is the basis record keeping for smaller companies, owner-managed businesses, close corporations, trusts, sole proprietors and partnerships:
- Management accounts including key ratio analysis;
- Completion and submission of statutory returns to SARS (including VAT, PAYE, SDL, UIF and annual PAYE reconciliation);
- Accuracy review of accounting work performed by client’s own accountant;
- Preparation of accounting records from source documentation through to trial balances and financial statements.
We perform engagements for independent review of financial statements for companies required do so in terms of the Companies Act. We plan and perform the independent review engagements in terms of the International Standards on Review Engagements (ISRE) 2400, Engagements to Review Financial Statements. Those standards require that we apply ethical considerations to the review engagement and to provide assurance that nothing has come to our attention to cause us to believe that the financial statements, taken as a whole, are not prepared in all material respects in accordance with the applicable reporting framework.
The independent review has certain aspects that are similar to an audit but is not as comprehensive as an audit of financial statements. Accordingly our auditing experience gives us the necessary expertise to perform the independent review engagements successfully.
Ukukhanya Advisory Services has a corporate advisory business unit which provides the following services:
- Capital and debt fundraising;
- Preparation of deals and sourcing applicable funding for clients based on client needs;
- Performing specific valuations and due diligence engagements.
Supporting and growing Small and Medium Enterprises. Businesses are assisted from initiation with all their requirements until maturity including registration and rendering applicable returns with the respective government departments and agencies. Registration with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission, processing and management of changes to the entity, rendering of applicable returns, resuscitation of deregistered Close Corporations and sourcing of government incentives.